November 5 @ 9:00 am - November 6 @ 4:00 pm MST$50.00
This class is dedicated to the skin care professional who is seeking further knowledge in advanced skin care-related topics. Our goal is to help you become a critically thinking aesthetician who treats the root cause of the issue not just the symptoms. This training includes:
- A review of the layers of the skin and what happens in each layer; treatment considerations that address each layer.
- Cellular mitosis and the creation of bi-layers; do you understand why our oil/water (bi-layers) are so critical to be aligned to prevent trans-epidermal water loss, which results in milia, keratinized skin, acne.
- Melanogenesis and Pigmentation issues; do you understand the difference between melasma and hyperpigmentation; do you have the ability to explain the difference to your clients and set reasonable expectations?
- Fibroblast proliferation; why are we seeing the onset of premature wrinkles in the skin? UV rays are one culprit, but how do we recognize and repair depleted/damaged collagen?
- A discussion on acne and the causes of each type of acne; why do we have slow-moving sebum within the follicle wall, why do we have papular acne, and why do we have pustular acne? Once you understand the reason for the types of acne, you can treat the root cause, not just topically treat the skin.
- Chemistry terms; do you understand your label ingredients?
- Business development; how are you marketing yourself? Do you use social media? Are you using your skills effectively to recommend products and series of treatments so you have long-lasting clients?
Come ready for a fast-paced, intensive, and fun-filled 2-day training where you will rediscover your love and passion for skincare! This advanced “skin-tensive” two-day class is designed to help you bridge the gap of your previous learning and link it to new and exciting information that will open doors to your professional success. Treatment options will also be demonstrated. The Skin Script 2-day Advanced SkinTensive Class is not to be missed!